Thursday 12 August 2010

Playlist

So I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, going to attempt that chick-lit project I keep mentioning every now and again. I'm hoping the deadline will whip my ass into shape and get me writing it. I like the idea and I want to write it but because it's... a chick book (which is completely new to me and different) I dunno, just not having much luck but hopefully all that will change in november. (Fingers crossed.)


So one of the cute little things on the NaNo profiles is it asks what music you listen to while writing. For me it depends on the story, what artists my characters like etc. So I thought I would just talk a bit about that today. Some writers cant listen to music when writing, me I can go either way but I always make a playlist for my projects. I think the music on your project playlist is a clear way to grasp the feel of a story. The playlists I put together always have a very distinct feel to them and it always helps if i'm ever stuck with my work.

CB Playlist....

For Hero:
Wild One - Billy Idol.
Showbiz - Muse.
Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf.
A beautiful lie - 30 Seconds to Mars.

For Heroine:
Missing - Evanescence.
Numb - Linkin Park.
Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit.

In general:
The Trick to Life - The Hoosiers.
Easier to Run - Linkin Park.
Pump it - Black Eyed Peas.
Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance.
Through the Glass - Stone Sour.
This is your Life - Switchfoot.
Night of the Hunter - 30 Seconds to Mars.
Burn it to the ground - Nickleback.
Alibi - 30 Seconds to Mars.
Dare you to move - Switchfoot.
On Fire - Switchfoot.
Do something Black Hole - Britney/Muse mix.


She-Wolf playlist...

In no order:
Follow you home - Nickleback
Closer - Nine Inch Nails.
Sexy Chick - David Guetta ft Akon.
Come Together - Michael Jackson.
Give it up - Shakira.
Love Games - Lady Gaga.
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga.
Poker Face - Lady Gaga.
Someone that you're with - Nickleback.
Next Contestant - Nickleback.
Rockstar - Nickleback.
Shaking Hands - Nickleback.
Something in your mouth - Nickleback.
S.E.X. - Nickleback.
Animal - Nickleback.

2 comments:

  1. What about "No more sorrow" by Linkin Park?

    You're right about the music lists, they give a taste of the story. Do you go with those songs for the meaning of their text or for the general feeling of the song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listed to it. I will have to add that to the BIG paranormal playlist. That def fits with how my heroine is feeling towards the end.

    The songs on any of my playlists are there for a number of reasons. Some because they remind me of a character or they go with a certain scene, when the character is feeling a certain emotion. Some of the songs on the list have inspired scenes. Some are just because its the type of music the characters likes.

    Black eyes peas - pump it - inspired a fight scene in my big project. And I had the idea for it when I was sat on a bus going to work lol
    Wild one is because my hero loves 80's punk rock.

    I just find music very helpful. Especially when I feel stuck.

    I mean - Follow you home - I personally think it's an awesome strip song but it is also a big hint to how Owen will be feeling within the next few chapters ;P

    You will be looking at that list now and trying to guess what is what... Mwahaha :P

    ReplyDelete