Saturday 6 November 2010

Fireworks



Wouldn't be a firework post without a picture of some fireworks.

Okay I realize I am technically late since Bonfire Night was yesterday, but hey better late than never, right? I personally didn't do anything apart from watch fireworks from my bedroom (there is a big field a couple blocks over and they always do firework displays there - why pay when you can watch for free and in the comfort and warmth of your own home?) the cats watched with me... they're a tad weird like that lol I do feel sorry for animals on bonfire night though, they get so scared. And there are like three farms within the area of my house, can't even imagine what the animals are like during november. Poor things.


Hugo Weaving as V in
'V for Vendetta'
The one thing that I really wanted to do was watch 'V for Vendetta', but sadly I don't own it. I have to say I love the film. I once watched it and then watched again straight after. I don't know why, I just really enjoy it. It might be because I love Hugo Weaving's voice, it's so calm and smooth. The man could make those 'help to sleep' cds - not because his voice is boring but because he has a calming lullaby voice -  you know the ones that usually have sounds of the ocean and whale noises on them? I don't know. It might just be me who thinks that but hey the guys a top actor is well.

As much as I would love to explain this story I would probably confuse you but to give you the basics. Society and the 'world' as it is is governed by rules and laws and curfews. V wants to change the way things are, wants to unite the people again.

His mask is awesome and the dude is an awesome, kick-ass swordsman and fighter.

Darn I wish I owned this film. I am so in the mood to watch it. Ah well. What did you do for bonfire night?

Poem? Yes lets end on a poem.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.

Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence [or mercy] he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.

Hulloa boys, Hulloa boys, let the bells ring.
Hulloa boys, hulloa boys, God save the Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment