Wednesday 13 June 2012

My World Guest Interview Nya Rayne

Today I am joined by the lovely Nya Rayne!

EM: Welcome to My World, Nya. It is lovely to have you here today. :-)

Firstly, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Well, I live in North Carolina and have been in love with fiction since I picked up my first copy of V.C. Andrews at the age of 11. I wrote my first story when I was 15, which amounted to about nothing, but it was so much fun to write that I kept doing it. I’m a serious advocate for reading and writing.  When I’m not writing, I can be found volunteering at the local ASPCA.

1. Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer? 

No, not at all. For a minute there, I wanted to be a Sex Therapist, then I wanted to be a Criminal Profiler, and then I decided that I wanted to be a Hair Stylist.  What am I doing now besides writing?  Well, I’m doing hair...lol. But only until one of my novels is made into a movie...rofl!!

EM: Sounds like a good plan to me :-P

2. What is your favourite genre to read?
It would have to be Paranormal Romance. To write? I’m sticking with Paranormal Romance. And why?  There’s just something about those sexy alpha menly-men that I’m weak for.  Besides, any break from reality is a good break.



EM: Love me some alpha men. And Amen to a break from reality. 

3. Who is your favourite author?

I have so many, but my flavour for this month has to be Sherrilyn Kenyon. Fave book? That would be Dance with the Devil with Acheron, being a close runner up. And why?  The lead male MCs are tortured souls and I love it.  Especially, when they make their big transformation.



EM: I recently read Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I couldn't put it down. I loved it! So I added the entire Dark Hunter series to my wishlist. ^_^

4. In your opinion what is the hardest part of the writing process? 

That would have to be actually finding the time to write and once found, being able to write for an extremely long time without any interruptions.


5. In your opinion what is the best part of the writing process? 

For me it would be spending solitary hours locked in my own head, breathing life into characters from my own imagination who strangers from all walks of life will one day adore.  Hopefully.

6. Are you a planner or a panster? I’m definitely a panster. 

I’ve tried and tried to plot, but after about the third chapter my WIP’s sort of take on a life of their own.

7. Do you prefer to concentrate on one story, or juggle a few? 

Oh God no!! I have to focus on one story at a time.  If I juggled I would never finish anything.  For those authors who can juggle many stories at once, more power to you.  Could you please tell me your secret...lol.

8. Tell us about one of the most favourable scene you have written. 

My favourite scene has to be from my current WIP. It’s a little dirty, but I got so bothered while writing it that I found myself taking several breaks before it was all finished...lol.

9. Out of all the characters you have created, who is your favourite and why? 

My favourite character has to be from my current work in progress.  Her name if Nytasha and she’s just all balls.  The woman is so headstrong she’s her own worst enemy, but she still has a tender feminine side that craves the touch of a man.

10. If you could meet any fictional character, who would you meet and why? 

I would want to meet Acheron from Kenyons’ Dark-Hunter Series.  The man is brilliant and has been through so much that I’d just want to pick his brain about the purpose of life and maybe get him to tell me what my future holds.



EM: Haven't read his story yet, but I plan to. I loved Julian from book 1. Yum!

 11. Are you working on anything at the moment? 
Yes, right now I’m working on the third installment of my Anubi Brother’s Series, which takes place down in Texas where everything is bigger and hotter (wink/wink)...lol.

12. Do you have any current release? 

Yes, of course!!  Two of them!!

 Blurb: 

In a world where men are an endangered species, available only to the ruling class, and the majority of women date androids, the last thing Phia Zen wants is to buy her lover from a catalogue. Imagine her surprise when she receives her purchase, Donté, and discovers he’s a living, breathing man. Problem is he truly belongs to the most powerful woman in the world, and she’ll stop at nothing to get him back. 

For the love of a real man, how much will Phia sacrifice? Her family? Her freedom? Her very life and the life of the only man she’s ever loved?




EM: Donté stopped by a week ago for an interview. If anyone is interested in what the gorgeous man has to say, just click, here.

Blurb: 

A street-wise hustler, Stormy has been running most of her life from the creature that killed her family.  However, when she meets Fury, a being so stubborn he could give a mule lessons, running is no longer an option. When he claims he’s her protector and the other half of her soul, Stormy would rather take her chances with the beast chasing her.

His dogged determination to protect her and his seductive expertise spark to life dreams she’d all but given up on: dreams of belonging to a family, and of having a life where running is nothing more than exercise. But with vile creatures hunting her, demanding her blood, and pack members who want her head instead of her help, Stormy will have to find away to place her trust and heart in Fury’s care. If she can’t, then neither of them will have a future to dream about.


13. Any upcoming releases?  

Yes, but it won’t be coming out until the 24th of August. And it is the second of my Anubi Brother’s Series.

Title:  Unveil My Heart

Blurb:

I have roamed the earth for over three millennia alone, secretly hoping to one day find the other half of my soul. The one woman who would make my deadened heart beat once more. I never imagined I’d find her in a bloodied heap beneath the claws of a despicable Yazaron, the bane of my existence. I saved her and as a reward was given three days to make her love me or I would cease to be. 

She spent those three days in Intensive Care fighting for her life.

Fate, what a cruel bitch.

Purchase link:  Stay tuned!!!!!

EM: Ooo Intriguing!

14. Where can readers find you on the internet?
Twitter Handle - @NyaRayne

15. Any advice you would like to give aspiring writers?  

The best advice that I can give any aspiring writer is to keep writing and write what you know.

EM: Thank you so much for joining me, Nya! 

NR: Thank you for having me!!!

6 comments:

  1. You read VC Andrews at 11? Whew! Heavy stuff for so young, but maybe we were all precocious readers. Both your releases sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sex Therapist, Criminal Profiler, and Hair Stylist - now THERE'S a central character with a story waiting to be told! I enjoyed your interview - great questions too. It's always good to find out what's beneath a writer's skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Kate and Derek! :-)

    And thank you so much, Nya, for coming to hang out with me today. You're welcome back any time. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine if you'd actually qualified in all those careers! Talk about versatility! Great interview

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your excerpts are lots of fun to read...so intriguing! I'm always interested in reading about how other authors create. Great interview, Nya!And thank you for hosting, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sex therapist? Writing is a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete