Wednesday 19 September 2012

My World Guest Author: Elodie Parkes


Elodie lives in Canterbury, United Kingdom. It’s famous for the Cathedral, Chaucer, and there is a UNESCO world heritage site, which includes the ancient ruins of St Augustine's Abbey and St Martin's Church. There is also a ruined castle. It’s a pretty place too and the coast nearby is great.

She works in an antiques shop and writes. Elodie has two dogs that keep her fit with their need for walks.

Elodie writes romance, contemporary and always erotic with a twist of mystery, paranormal, and suspense now and then. She likes to make the story unusual in some way, by a quirk in the tale

 ~ * ~

Welcome Elodie tell us a little about why you write erotic romance.

I started writing when I was seventeen. I never did anything like submitting to publishers etc. until I was about twenty-five and then queried to no avail.

I started writing again seriously a couple of years ago because I had so many stories in my head.

I have published three erotic romance books to date and I am working on another book right now.

They are available on Amazon kindle. I love eBooks myself, and it’s rare now for me to buy a paperback or hardback.

I read heaps myself from across all types of genres.

For my own writing people and emotions inspires me. The complexity of life spurs me to write.
I find the world harsh. There’s not enough love in it. Lots of people never find love. I write love stories with happy endings to spread a little lightness around.

For instance my book ‘Millie Reinvented’ was inspired through my day job.

I was talking to a young woman who was in the antiques shop where I work and she was buying a little sculpture of two lovers kissing. She said she had to have it because it was so nice to look at, as her husband didn’t even kiss her anymore. I couldn’t say anything I just wrapped the item, and stored the thought until the story burst out onto my laptop.

My books fall into the category of erotic romance because I do write the sex scenes graphically and that’s because I want the love the characters feel to show up properly in my stories.
I think too that readers have become used to reading more. They don’t want the description of the romance to stop at the bedroom door.

My latest release ‘The Horoscope Writer’ was inspired by signs along a country road when I was out driving one day in another county.

The main characters just started to flow into my head and by the time I had driven home, which was a three hour journey through the countryside, I had the book and characters completely ready.

Dominic Reed the horoscope writer is desperate for love. He doesn’t know he has never had the kind of love he suddenly finds with Cassie the female lead character. It ignites a sexual passion in him he didn’t know he could feel.

My books do contain graphic sex in the love scenes but they are love scenes, romantic and the characters are driven by love.

‘The Horoscope Writer’ is about a man, Dominic, who is a writer and has lots of different writing jobs for magazines amongst which is that of horoscope writing. He is a lonely soul, living in the country on a funny country lane where a few artisan’s workshops are. Fortunately he has a friend there too, Jeremy, who has a workshop, design studio there on the lane.

Dominic is lonely. His last relationship broke up a couple of years prior to the opening of the story and he really wants love.

There is a workshop to let on the lane and Cassie comes along to rent it.

Dominic is instantly attracted to her when he sees her in Jeremy’s office and she finds Dominic irresistible.

There is a mild paranormal streak running through what is an erotic romance because Dominic has been influenced by his great uncle who was also a horoscope writer.
This is a love story, erotic and enticing.

~ * ~ 

EXCERPT 18+ From The Horoscope Writer

“Can I get you anything Cassie? Coffee?”

She smiled at him thinking he had perhaps changed his mind about going to bed together.

“Okay coffee is good” she answered.

Dominic washed his hands and made coffee. Cassie watched him.

“If you’ve changed your mind Dominic it’s okay”, she told him. It was what Dominic needed.

He went to her and held her head to kiss her. The kiss was like nectar to Cassie and she began to put her hand up inside his sweater to reach his skin. Dominic held her head with one hand kissing her almost desperately as he used the other hand to unzip her jeans and push them down her thighs. Cassie unzipped his jeans. Dominic felt almost lightheaded, he couldn’t stop kissing her, and he put his hand down inside her underwear to press his palm against her lower stomach.


Cassie gasped and searched for a way to lower his jeans and feel his hard bottom. She felt his fingers reach her entrance and she parted her legs a little so that he could push them into her.

Dominic’s voice was a whisper.

“Cassie let’s go to bed. I want to feel you naked against me. I need you”.

She nodded slightly as his face was still against hers. She moaned involuntarily as he took his fingers from her.

Dominic took her jacket, and put it over the back of a kitchen chair.

Cassie pulled her jeans up leaving them unzipped.

Dominic held her hand to lead her up to his bedroom. The staircase was surprisingly wide, and they could walk up there side by side. Dominic’s room was at the end of the landing, and he pushed the door open with the side of his body as he turned to hold Cassie again and kiss her.

Somehow, though it wasn’t clear how to either of them when they thought about it later, they undressed, and lay clasped against each other on the bed breathing into each other’s mouths when the sensation of being skin to skin overwhelmed them for a few moments.

Dominic traced his fingers down her stomach reaching her entrance to find she was wet for him. His lips found hers and their tongues touched gently as his fingers began to work magic on Cassie. She moved against his palm and made little sounds into his kiss as she reached for him. He thrust into her hands and they both groaned with need.

“Cassie wait I’ll find a condom”, he said, as she began to whisper her need to him.

“Dominic I need you inside me now”, she whispered over, and over as she kissed him.

Her hands felt cool on him and he was still thrusting his hips as he moved his fingers in her. Cassie was close to coming and she kissed Dominic shaking a little against his lips.

“Dominic I’m going to---”. He knew, and he decided to give her that first.

He kissed her tenderly and moved his thumb over her bud, his fingers deep inside her. “Cassie I know, let go, do it”, he whispered, and left his lips soft against her mouth as she moaned and thrust on his fingers coming. It seemed to last a long time and Dominic liked that. He looked at her with love as she finally opened her eyes and smiled a little at him.

He wanted to be inside her and he reached over her to the drawer in the bedside table to find a condom. He couldn’t find one, and because he was kissing Cassie as she stroked his erection, he stopped kissing her to look into the drawer. Cassie took the opportunity to move down his body and take him into her mouth. She felt his intake of breath as she did it and held his hips still before moving a hand to hold him low on his shaft and suck him.

Dominic let the feeling of complete pleasure soothe his worry about not finding a condom. He held Cassie’s head gently with his hands in her hair. As he looked down at her, Cassie shifted her body and moved her leg over his so that he could feel her entrance wet against the top of his shin. Her hair fell over his lower stomach. She was doing amazing things with her tongue and his gaze fell on the lovely curve of her bottom and length of her satiny thighs. Dominic felt his orgasm rise up from his thighs as Cassie’s hair feathered across them. The sensation rippled up him all the way to his lips and he groaned. Cassie kept him in her mouth until she knew he had completely finished. She had never known quite what to do with the mouthful of seed and this seemed like such a lot. Without thinking too much about it she swallowed and then kissed up his stomach and chest until she nuzzled against his throat.

Dominic could feel her moving gently against his thigh and sighed at the pleasure it gave him to feel her damp entrance on his skin.

“Cassie”, he whispered, as she sucked a little at the base of his throat.

She waited.

“Cassie”, he whispered again, and he lifted her gently up so that her head was level with his. He kissed her tenderly and then kept her cuddled against him. They both closed their eyes and lay quietly together until they slept for a short time.

Copyright Elodie Parkes 2012

~ * ~

Find me online:






Find my books:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Elodie, and sharing such a yummy excerpt. :-)

    ReplyDelete