Thursday 1 November 2012

Update of the long kind!

So, I kinda haven’t done an update in forever, and for that I am terribly sorry. As you can probably guess – or have read over at NJASUL – I have been idiotically busy.

A work colleague has left so my hours have gone up and I now only have one day off a week instead of three. Yeah, it’s a big difference and as crazy as it might sound it actually has had an impact. You see I was counting on my days off; using them mainly for writing and catching up with other stuff.

Needless to say I currently feel like I am paddling in a sea of work and I’m trying to keep my head above the water.

What stuff you may ask, well, I shall tell you.

Besides work, I am one of the tour hosts at BTS as well as having my blog open to fellow authors, which I am sure you have noticed since it has been guest authors and their interviews that have been keeping you entertained for goodness knows how long.

So, I have books that I need to catch up on reading, because I have offered to review a few books. Naturally at the point of offering I thought I would have time to read at leisure; oh no, that is not the case. I am ridiculously behind with the reviews, which I am terribly embarrassed about.

Authors if I have promised you a review I do apologise for delays, but you will definitely have them asap.


Work in Progress

I began a new project a couple of weeks back, “Let Me In.” The idea actually snuck up on me a month ago, but it took me forever to find the right angle to slide into it. I finally found it and managed to hammer out 4.5k and then I had to stop, because of all of the above.

I’m hoping to get back round to it soon because I was having fun. The story at the moment is short and sexy and one of three parts. I’m not sure if I will end up extending and making it one novella, but I guess I will have to figure that out when I open the MS back up.

After that I have another sexy little short in mind, and this one will be a quick hot read that I have been toying with.

Then it is on to my duology books. Two interlocking stories that will kick start a new series I am planning to self-publishing, and hopefully, be releasing next year.

For those of you who have read The Collector and like the book, yes, there will be another book following titled “The Keeper.” In fact, there will be three more books in the series, but as much as I want to write the second book I have to put it on hold. The Collector hasn’t been selling as well as my Blood Series Books, and sometimes it is necessary to prioritise based on popularity. I do plan to write book 2 but at the present moment I don’t think I will get to it until late next year.

As for the Blood Series, I am plotting book 2 – currently untitled - and that’s as far as it goes at the moment. My want to write this book has been also put on hold due to recent events. Some of you may have heard about the switch over at Noble Publishing, and at the present moment it is going through a sort of repair; things are being changed, and improved etc. So once it has reopened its doors, and is back in to full swing, I will be turning my attention to the next book in the series.

So, that is basically what is going on with current and upcoming projects.


New Releases

Although the official release day is tomorrow, November 2nd, my dark erotic paranormal story, “On The Rocks,” has been released! It is a part of Decadent Publishing’s “The Edge Erotica Series” and I have to say I had tons of fun writing this book.

It’s sexy and twisted, and I love it.

BLURB:

On the Rocks is the hottest club on South Padre Island, and Meghan’s new workplace.

If the warped mermaid uniform isn’t enough, the fact that she can’t stop thinking about the club’s singer, Zenzie, is. Everything about the female gets Meghan hot, but when she finally gets her shot with the temptress, it turns out Zenzie isn’t as perfect, or as human, as Meghan thought. 




Coming Soon

On another note my sweet contemporary romance, “Stepping Stones,” is due for release with Noble Romance Publishing on November 6th.

Yeah, you remember “Stepping Stones?” I’ve mentioned it every now and again; the story that was formed due to an odd dream I had where Channing Tatum was my foster brother?

It sounds weird, but I promise you it’s not. In fact, this novel is the most innocent book I have written, and when I say innocent I mean there is no sex, violence, or cursing. I know it’s crazy, right? But for anyone who hasn’t read my books, or prefers softer, sweeter stories, you may want to give this one a try.

BLURB: 

There's nothing like a wedding to bring the family together . . . .

And if it wasn't her baby sister’s wedding, Margaret West, wouldn't be returning home at all.

Why else would she go back after six years knowing full well that she has people to face, and explanations to give?

If her parent’s interrogation wasn't bad enough, the fact that she has to be civil to her foster brother, Adrian, is. Best friends since childhood, they haven't spoken since he went to America . . . The day before Margaret was supposed to be getting married.

And to make matters worse, her ex-fiancĂ©, William, is the Vicar who will be conducting her sister’s wedding ceremony!

All want an answer from her, and they aren't taking no as one of them. Why did she run in the first place? Why has she been so angry with, Adrian? Why didn't she marry, William?

Margaret isn't even sure she knows the real reasons any more.


Awesome News

In other news I signed a contract back in September with Secret Cravings Publishing for my erotic thriller titled, “Creak.”

This was another first for me in the terms of trying different genres. It’s my first thriller, but it isn’t all blood and guts, just creepy with chills up your spine fun. Plus, it’s got two hot guys who you would want to be stuck with if you were in a life and death situation. Bloody, and sexy fun is how I like to think of it.

This is a rough blurb and is subject to change.

BLURB:

After spending the summer as a recluse due to a bad break-up, Nicole Saunders agrees to go to The Heat Wave Festival with her best friends, Kacey and Tyler.

Along with three other friends they plan to take a shortcut through the small town of Silver Creek; the last thing any of them expected was to become lost and end up pulling in to a motel for the night.

The Creak Motel is isolated and the last place Nicole wants to be, especially after meeting the glacial owner, but her discomfort is soon forgot as she finally gives in to her feelings and asks Kacey and Tyler to spend the night with her.

A decision she quickly regrets when she discovers that their friend has mysteriously disappeared from her locked room in the middle of the night. Worried, Nicole presumes the worst, but quickly discovers that Jayne's disappearance is more disturbing than any of them could have guessed.

More news on Creak when I have it!


Misc.

I have a website, finally, which is where all the details on my books as been moved to. If you would like more in depth information on my work – published, upcoming, and in the works – just hop on over to:- www.e-morgan.com

So, I think that is everything for now. Over the next two weeks I shall be hopping to a couple of blogs and talking about the two current releases, so be sure to check back in or check with me on facebook for information on where to find me.

You all have a lovely weekend, and I hope you had a hauntingly good Halloween. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment