Wednesday 28 November 2012

Wednesday Briefs: Truth or Dare?


Today's flash comes to you late again. Many apologies. I did plan to have the next segment of "Truth or Dare?" whipped up yesterday so I could post it this morning, but that didn't happen.

As always I would just like to warn you that this is the first and very rough draft - lots of mistakes included - of a little side project, which I have chosen to work on every Wednesday as part of my flash fiction group. Know that I am very aware it needs a good editing, but like I said, I have left this to the last minute again. So, it has just been the case of write, and post.

The prompt I decided to use this week was: "When did you become such a . . .?"

I hope you enjoy!

Truth or Dare?

My heart pounded like a jack-hammer against my ribcage. The hit of amber liquid didn’t seem to be enough to steady the nerves that danced through my entire body. I felt a slice of lime being dropped in my hand, and the world suddenly turned hazy as Trey retrieved the segment from my palm and placed it in his mouth.

I gulped. Heat flooded me and I wasn’t entirely sure it was alcohol induced or the effect of sensual brown eyes locked on to mine; twisting with unmistakable desire.

Straightening, he clutched me tighter; holding me against his chest. The air caught in my throat as he leaned in. I stilled. Afraid he would hear the wild beat of my heart, which currently seemed to deafen me.
He arched an eyebrow. The movement pulled my focus back to his eyes; a flicker of amusement danced there.

“Chicken shit.” His words laughed through my mind as the corner of his mouth curled.

Dropping my shot glass at the side of us, I cupped his head, and leaned in; catching his mouth with mine. He opened to me without hesitation. The bitter taste of lime flooded my mouth, mixing with the after taste of tequila and salt. The concoction had never tasted so delicious.

I shifted on his lap. The movement caused a groan to emanate in the back of his throat as I rubbed against his covered erection. He slid his hands up my back, his fingers tangled in my hair as he deepened the kiss.
I could feel the segment of lime trapped against his cheek. Its juice running into my mouth as our tongues tangled.

“Okay, so we’re going to go.” Kathy’s voice sliced through my mind, and I suddenly remembered we weren’t alone.

“No.” I squeaked while attempting to untangle myself from Trey’s clutches. “Stay.”

“It’s getting late.” She stood up.

I shoved at Trey’s chest. With a growl he released my mouth. His hands wandered back to my waist; holding me in place.

“Stay over. I don’t mind.” I twisted in his grip, watching in fear as Kathy pushed Benjamin toward my front door. “I can make up the sofa bed.”

“I have to be up early tomorrow. I have a lot to do.”

“Like what?” Ben asked while he pulled his jacket on.

She gave him a pointed look. “Just some stuff.”

“What kind of stuff?”

“Since when did you become such a nosey bugger?”

“I-“

“Can’t it wait?” The tone of my voice was practically pleading. The weight of Trey’s hands on my back as he held me against his erection had me shivering. Whether it was from fear or anticipation, I had no idea.

“I really wish it could.” She opened the door and ushered Benjamin out of the doorway. “But it can’t. I will call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Kat!”

“Bye.” And with that she shut the door leaving me with the hottest and most annoying man I had ever known, or wanted.

“So, truth or dare?” His voice rolled over me.

With a clenched jaw I turned back to him. “Games over.”

“Not for us, baby.” Without taking his focus from me, he spat the lime slice on the floor. “It’s only just begun.” 


Until next week!

Don't forget to check out the other flashers! ;-P

Victoria Adams      m/f
Lily Sawyer      m/m 
MC Houle      m/m
Cia Nordwell    m/m
Nephylim     m/m
Elizabeth Morgan    m/f

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, the arrogance. He definitely needs a good kicking, lol. Or a tease. Kat deserves the sneaky yet totally obvious friend award! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps both? :-P He is a big headed sod, but you kinda gotta love him for it. lol

    Thanks for commenting, Cia. I hope you're enjoying the story. :-)

    ReplyDelete