Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop: WIP: Charged

The awesome Chris Lange tagged me last week in her TNBT post, and today it is my turn to tell you about either a) my latest release, or b) my current work in progress.

I have opted to talk about my current WIP, but as I have three different projects that I am currently working on I have decided to talk about the biggest protect.

What is the working title of your book?

Charged (Generation Breed: The Turning Point)

Where did the idea come from for the book?

In all and complete honesty the idea for this book began due to a submission call for superhero stories. I am a big fan of comic books. Every weekend my brother and I would watch the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons, and let’s not forget “The new adventures of superman.” I loved that series.

Needless to say, I’m a fan of this particular genre. So, I decided I wanted to write my own superhero story, but that was the simple part. Coming up with an idea that I was happy with took a good while, so long in fact that I missed the deadline for the submission, but that didn’t matter to me. I wanted to write this book.

What genre does your book fall under?

Excellent question, and to be honest I can’t currently place it. It’s dystopian futuristic with a splash of paranormal, and a heap of romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?


If I could pick, then Justin Hartley would play my leading male; Christopher Jackson. He is the right height, and build, and he has a killer grin that would work perfectly since Chris is a leopard. Playful, but feral, and totally yum.


And for my leading lady, Delaney Li, I would pick Isabella Leong. Yet again, she fits the bill perfectly.

Both Justin and Isabella are fab actors/actress and it would be super cool to work with them.

(Both images were taken from Google images search.)


What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

I suck at synopsis and blurbs, and since I am still learning about these characters as I go I haven't yet figured out the hook for this story. So, instead I will leave you with a quote that sums up the feel of the book:-

"People fear what they don't understand, and hate what they can't conquer." - Unknown

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency/publisher?

I am actually planning on self-publishing this book – and the series. It is a big step for me, but I feel it is the right thing to do and I am very excited about it.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I’m still writing the first draft. I actually started in January this year, and I’m not even half way through yet. I hit a wall with it – because I am a very naughty punster – and decided to put it to one side to concentrate on other projects, but my plan is to continue with this book and get it finished and published in 2013. Wish me luck.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I, personally, haven’t read any books that are a similar genre to this book. Doesn’t mean to say that readers wouldn’t know of any books that would be similar in some way.
"Rogue & Gambit" - X-men

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

After I decided I wanted to write a superhero book I started thinking about the reasons I love superheroes and the ones they loved. My favorite couple has always been Rogue and Gambit from X-men. I adore them. So, they were the main reasons along with my love of the popular television show Smallville, which I thought was amazing. Love it. Bought the complete boxset as soon as it was available, and yes, I did fall for Oliver Queen who is played by the ever so talented Justin Hartley who I really would cast to play my leading bad boy.

What else about your book might interest the reader?

The generation breed series is a world where the population is divided by humans, and genetically modified humans. Society is segregated due to these “dangerous” group of individuals. Life  is unfair, and times are hard. Science and technology are the only areas that have really developed since the twentieth century.

We have crime, violence, discrimination, action, scientifically engineered shape shifters, vigilantes, and of course, romance.

And I cannot wait to share it with you all. :-)


I won’t be tagging anyone to continue with this hop. The main reason being that next Wednesday is Boxing Day, and I think it is only fair that everyone be left in piece to enjoy the festive holiday. Many apologies for not continuing this hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment