Thursday 28 February 2013

Playing 20 Questions with Krista Ames


EM: Welcome to My World, Krista. Thank you so much for stopping by to play twenty questions with me. :- )

Before we begin, could you tell us a little about yourself?

Sure, and thank you for having me Elizabeth. My name is Krista Ames and I’m a romance author, a wife and a stay-at-home mom of 4. I live in the cold of Northern Lower Michigan and don’t enjoy it lol Been writing now for a couple years and am published with Decadent Publishing and Turquoise Morning Press. I am also the review coordinator for Still Moments Publishing and I love it J


EM: Are you ready to play 20 questions? *rubs hands together*

Which do you find harder to write?

1. First person POV or Third?

Definitely first person!

2. As a male or female? 

I guess I don’t find one harder than the other actually. Once I get ‘into’ my characters they both just flow out.

3. Beginning, middle or end of the story? 

I would say the end. Most of the time I know how I want the story to end, just getting to it takes some thinking.

4. Fight scenes or smex scenes?

Oh the fight scenes flow easily lol so the smex scenes would be harder for me to write. 

5. Synopsis or blurb?

I don’t like either of them lol My editors help me with the blurb so I would say then that the synopsis is hardest for me. 


As a writer, do you prefer:

6. Writing in the morning, afternoon or evening?

I’m not picky
J I write whenever my family gives me a little peace to write. 

7. Writing with music, or in peace?

Well peace meaning everyone leaves me alone but I do like writing with music.

8. Planning, or Improvising?

I don’t plan, you can’t with 4 kids. My life is all about improvising and that carries into my writing
J

9. Juggling a few projects, or concentrating on one at a time?

I’m definitely more of a juggler!  Multi-tasking is my thing…writing, dishes, dinner, laundry, writing, blogging, promoting, writing and on and on.

10. Sticking to one genre, or exploring many?

Well, I read a variety of Romance but as far as writing, Romance is my main niche.  There are secondary genre’s I would love to explore.  I’ve got some sweet short stories and a couple erotic novellas.  My daughter has given me several YA ideas so I have a couple started.  My 9 year old son has given me some kid’s chapter book ideas so he and I are working on two different ones.  That’s where the juggling comes in handy lol. 




As a reader, do you prefer:

11. Story being told from female view or male?

Either is fine with me.

12. Good guys or bad boys?

Good guys are nice but I’m definitely a bad boys kind of gal.

13. Feisty females or fragile damsels?

I would have to pick the feisty females.

14. Stand-alone stories or series?

I’ll read both but I love getting immersed in a series.

15. Quick reads or long stories?

Both…just depends on what I’m in the mood for.

16. Romance as a side dish or the main course?

I’d say the main course but again, I’ll read it both ways.

17. Erotica or soft romance or something in-between?

All of the above….i’ve read a wide range from erotica to inspirational so I’m ok with any of it.

18. More action or humor?

I like a little bit of action depending on the kind *wink, wink* but I would probably have to pick humor.


Just for fun:

19. Vampires or Angels?

Vampires…

20. Werewolves or Demons?

Werewolves…


What are you currently working on?

I actually have a few things in the works…hopefully to be revealed soon J

Do you have any current release? 

My most current release is Take Me Home, Cowboy from Decadent Publishing. 

Blurb:

Ally Kincaid returns to Freewill, Wyoming, to see her father after a two year absence. Anticipating a quiet family reunion, she finds herself butting heads with her father’s foreman instead. The man’s arrogance and sexy drawl push all her buttons, making her wonder what he’s hiding beneath his cowboy swagger.

Matt Gentry walked away from the past and shies from the future. No ties means no one gets hurt…until the boss’s daughter, a hot, green-eyed blonde, tempts him to break his own rules.

When tragedy strikes, will building tension and pride destroy their growing attraction or show them the way home?

Purchase link:




~ * ~

Excerpt:

 “I need to buy that man an answering machine.” Furious, Ally held the receiver away from her ear, eyes closed as the phone on the other end rang continuously. “Come on, Daddy, where are you?”

She was ready to hang up in frustration when the receiver was picked up and then—by the sound of the loud clanging on the other end—dropped.

“Circle K,” said the deep male voice rather breathlessly.

“Where in the world were you?”

“Excuse me?” the husky voice asked.

Oh crap, that’s definitely not Daddy. She’d been so surprised her call had finally been answered, she hadn’t realized there was nothing familiar about the voice at the end of the line “I’m sorry….” she cracked. Wow, where did that high-pitched squeak come from? “I’m sorry, who is this?”

“This is the Circle K Ranch. Who’s this?”

The man’s question held an impressive sexy drawl. Definitely not a voice she’d ever heard in New York City, and one she’d only be lucky enough to find in her dreams.

“I’d like to speak to Jesse Kincaid, please.” She did a mental inventory of all the ranch hands but couldn’t place the voice. And he obviously didn’t recognize hers either. Must be somebody new her father had hired since the last time she’d been there.

“Sorry, ma’am, he’s not here. What can I do for ya?”

“When will he be available, please?”

“Now, ma’am, I don’t guess I’m at liberty to say until I know exactly who it is I’m speaking at.”

God, men could be so arrogant. Why did he need to know who was calling? A simple answer would suffice.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but this is Ally Kincaid. Who exactly are you?”

“Well, well, isn’t this a nice surprise? Miss Ally Kincaid. Did your father know you’d be calling?”

She gritted her teeth in frustration. Who does this cocky, know-it-all cowboy think he is? 

~ * ~

Where can readers find you on the internet?  











EM: Thank you so much for joining me!

KA: Thank you Elizabeth for allowing me to play 20 questions with you. I had a great time J


No comments:

Post a Comment