Friday 17 May 2013

Playing 20 Questions with Jane Wakely



EM: Welcome to My World, Jane. Thank you so much for stopping by to play twenty questions with me :-)

Before we begin, could you tell us a little about yourself?

Sure! Hi Everyone! My name is Jane Wakely and I write mostly paranormal romance with a few contemporaries thrown in. Paranormal shifters are my faves! My fave things to do are read and write and when I’m not writing, I’m usually thinking about writing! I live in PA with my hubby, daughter and pup!

EM: Are you ready to play 20 questions? *rubs hands together*

Which do you find harder to write?

1. First person POV or Third?
First—it’s difficult to not switch to third in the middle of the story!

2. As a male or female?
Male!

3. Beginning, middle or end of the story?
It depends on the story. I don’t struggle with one part consistently through all my work.

4. Fight scenes or smex scenes?
Smex for sure!

5. Synopsis or blurb?
UGH! Not a fan of either, but the synopsis is more challenging for me!


As a writer, do you prefer:

6. Writing in the morning, afternoon or evening?
I keep trying to be a morning person, but I’m really not. I usually start writing around nine in the morning, but the words flow easier from one to four in the afternoon!

7. Writing with music, or in peace?
Peace—I have to have complete silence when writing!

8. Planning, or Improvising?
I plan a little, but mostly improvise.

9. Juggling a few projects, or concentrating on one at a time?
One at a time!

10. Sticking to one genre, or exploring many?
I like to explore, though paranormal is my fave!


As a reader, do you prefer:

11. Story being told from female view or male?
Female!

12. Good guys or bad boys?
Both!

13. Feisty females or fragile damsels?
Both!

14. Stand alone stories or series?
Both!

15. Quick reads or long stories?
Quick Reads!

16. Romance as a side dish or the main course?
Side dish!

17. Erotica or soft romance or something in-between?
I read it all, but I prefer something sensual/spicy!

18. More action or humor?
Humor!


Just for fun:

19. Vampires or Angels?
Vampires!

20. Werewolves or Demons?
Werewolves!

What are you currently working on?
I’m working on the sixth book in my Chestnut Rock Shifters Series!

Do you have any current release?

CHRISTINA’S BEAR (Chestnut Rock Shifters, 2) released May 3!
(JENN’S WOLF is book one in the series!)

Blurb:
Christina Mills’ loud, bubbly personality gains her numerous friends and dating opportunities. Unfortunately, being labeled a “party girl” and dating a lot can give people the wrong impression. When Christina’s dates learn the truth about her, they soon move on.

James “Bull” Johnson is a restless bear shifter ready to settle down. At the urging of his friend, he relocates to the mid-sized town of Chestnut Rock. Bull hopes the nearby forest and being near his best friend will help soothe his bear and cure some of his loneliness.

When Bull and Christina meet, he recognizes her as his mate. However, their first two encounters leave Bull thinking Christina is afraid of him and Christina is confused by her feelings toward the stranger. Both Bull and Christina have secrets and insecurities that keep them guarded, but if they can trust one another, they’ll discover they’re made for each other.

Purchase links:
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/12wEwJh
All Romance: http://bit.ly/11FL9d0

~ * ~

Excerpt:

James “Bull” Johnson sniffed outside the cave before lumbering inside and shifting back into his human form. Because he was new to the area, he had taken a long hike through the woods, checking for danger and hiding places in case he needed them.

Matt had told him that the town of Chestnut Rock, and the connecting forest, would sooth his restless bear, but he honestly hadn’t known what to think. With nothing to lose and very few belongings, he’d packed up his tiny apartment and moved to the mid-sized town.

Matt and Bull had met in college and when they quickly recognized the other as a shifter, they’d formed an unbreakable bond. After college, they each went their own way, traveling and exploring the country. They’d met up once or twice a year until Matt put down roots in Chestnut Rock. Bull had continued to look until he decided he didn’t want to look anymore. He was tired and he wanted a permanent place to call home. Matt constantly raved about his home and convinced Bull to make it his home, too.

Bull pulled his shirt, jeans and flip-flops out of the crevice in the cave wall where he’d stored them earlier. Being a bear shifter meant he needed to take precautions when he allowed himself to shift. If a wolf, bunny or deer was spotted near the hotel, most likely not much would happen. The wolf would be mistaken for a dog and the bunny and deer would charm people with their cuteness. A bear, however, brought a much different reaction—usually involving screaming and the loading of shotgun barrels.

Over time he’d learned to take safeguards against those types of situations.

~ * ~

Any upcoming releases?
I don’t have any official release dates, but look for Brock’s Bunny (CR, 3) in July! :)

Where can readers find you on the internet?

EM: Thank you so much for joining me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanx so much for hosting me today, Liz! I had fun playing 20 questions! :)

    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally welcome. It was lovely having you. I'm glad you had fun. :-) x

      Delete