Monday 17 June 2013

My World Guest Post: Charmaine Gordon

Welcome to my World, Charmaine. It's lovely to have you here. Please tell us all about yourself. :-)


Here’s a bit about myself to answer a few questions.

I write books  about women who Survive and Thrive. Romance/Suspense is my genre. My motto is take one step and then another to leave the past behind and begin again. Six books and several short stories in three years, I’m always at work on the next story. The books include To Be Continued, Starting Over, Now What?, Reconstructing Charlie, Sin of Omission and The Catch, just released.

I didn’t realize at the time while working as an actor in NYC, I’d become a sponge soaking up dialogue, setting, and stage directions. I learned many tools of writing during the years watching directors like Mike Nichols and actors including Harrison Ford, Anthony Hopkins, and Billy Crystal. And would you believe, I was Geraldine Ferraro’s stand-in leg model, my first job giving me entrĂ©e into all the Unions needed to work. When the sweet time ended, I began another career and creative juices flowed.

Listening to John Sandford,  Robert B. Parker, and Susan Isaacs on Books on Tape while involved in doing important things like putting on make-up and false lashes before sitting down to write are some of my favorite pre-occupations. I do enjoy murder, mayhem and humor. Go figure.

Ideas float into my dreams. When I wake up, I write. It’s true.

Conflict. I’m like Clark Kent, the mild mannered reporter. I like nice. Since becoming an author, I’ve learned conflict is serious business. I have to work at finding what makes sense between the lovers and solve it for the HEA.

I love when the characters jump in and talk to me, taking control.

I fly by the seat of my pants ‘til The End.

One story at a time for me. No juggler here.

In Sin of Omission, Shelley Jackson, a beautiful black former basketball player kept a secret from her lover, Jimmy Costigan and her best friend, Jimmy’s sister, Charlie. In this scene she knows she must come clean when faced by the two most important people in her world.

“Charlie, you accepted me as a friend and roommate but how would you feel if I were to marry your brother and bring color into the lily white home of your Aunt and Uncle. I’ve been there. So pristine  and perfect. I envied your life and all the love they have for you.” She took another deep breath and reached for the twins in Jimmy’s arms. He relinquished them so readily it made her pause and when he again refused to meet her eyes, her mind moved on. Maybe their father didn’t want them after all. “That’s about all except to say I’m sorry. I’ve committed a sin of omission by not coming clean. If you can find it in your hearts to forgive me, we can work it out. Ball’s in your court.”

Charlie Costigan from Reconstructing Charlie, the first in a series of three stand alone books. She’s a virgin and determined to remain one until the she marries the right man. And she keeps a terrible secret while climbing the ladder of success. I admire my Charlie.

Atticus Finch who stands for moral integrity and is the kindest father ever written about. To Kill A Mockingbird, the book and movie. Superb.

June 17th is the release day of my short story Instant Grandpa. This From the new Charmaine Gordon series The Beginning...Not the End.

Mature Love, Romance, Suspense.

Blurb:

Summer at the Jersey Shore just got hotter…  Take one widower grandfather, add two little grandkids, and a widowed grandmother with a small granddaughter. Mix well. Stir in sun drenched beach days and moonlit nights. What have you got? A kite flying high with a new tail; an author writing a book to sort out her emotions; a talented boy with his mother returned to claim the prize. Family complications and a happy beginning… not the end.

Amazon

Amazon UK

 ~ * ~

Last month’s release The Catch has a five star review.

Blurb:

Tom Donnelly, once known as The Catch – every woman’s dream guy, has fallen down every rung of the ladder he once worked so hard to climb. On New Year’s Day, he realizes just how far he’s fallen, and makes a list of resolutions to change his life. He vows to regain the trust lost from his family, his law firm, and his friends – and maybe even find the right woman this time.

He crosses paths with Joanne McKenna Friedman – a smart young lawyer, beautiful on the outside, damaged on the inside. Joanne’s secret past leaves her distrustful of everyone. Until a court case comes up to threaten her career and even her life, and she turns to Tom for help.

Buy Links:





~ * ~

My advice is this: So you say I want to write a book but. . .I say, if you really want to, what’s stopping you? Begin with something easy like Remember When and write a reminiscence of the first thing that comes to you. Could be funny, sad, combination of both. Just do it. It’s fun. And we all need some fun. Happy times to all from one who wrote two pages that blossomed into a new career.

Thank you, Elizabeth. It has been a pleasure visiting My World, you and your followers.

Charmaine online:



No comments:

Post a Comment