Sunday 24 November 2013

Sexy Snippets . . . She-Wolf!



So last week when I said I would be teasing you with something new, well, it might not be totally new.

A couple of months back one of my publishers decided to close and I received the rights back to three of my books. Two of those books are part of a series; a series that is very special to me, The Blood Series. Werewolves, Vampires, Psychics and a lot of things in between.

I promised myself if I ever got the rights back to these two books I would self-publish them and basically, that's what I'm going to do. This week, I'm going to start reading through She-Wolf: The Blood Series Prequel, tweaking and editing it until I'm happy to send it along to my editor. Then I will be moving on to Book 1 in the series, Cranberry Blood, and once I have sent that off I will be starting the untitled and long awaited second book.

I can't tell you how nervous and excited I am to be getting back to this series. I've waited so long to start the next book - more details on why it has taken me so long too can be found here - and I'm thrilled that I will be able to finally write it in the next few months.

The plan is to re-release the first two books mid 2014 with the second book following. *squeak* So, I thought I would do a little bit of a flash-back post today and tease you with a snip from She-Wolf, and what better snip to pick then the moment our hero and heroine of the book "meet." I hope you enjoy! ;-P

(Please note that the snippet has been taken from the unedited draft. So, mistake are possible, and the snip could very well change during my re-write.)
~ * ~

A wicked grin curled the corners of her mouth as she slowly pulled the zip of her hoodie down, and exposed creamy, pale flesh.
The familiar scent of wild flowers suddenly wrapped around me; my stomach automatically tensed.
The stripper's hips began to sway as she shrugged off the heavy material and let it fall. The curve of her waist, and the sight of her supple breasts in her black lace bra, made my mouth dry instantly. I knocked back the rest of my beer, hoping like hell it would help my sudden thirst.
The pale blue light caught the shimmer of her glitter-dusted skin as she brought up her right arm, then placed her hand behind her head.
"Great breasts," Luke said.
"That's what I'm fucking talking about." Karl leaned forward, and banged his fists on the table. He threw back his head and howled.
She made a slow turn as she loosened her ponytail and shook her head; her hair streamed down her back like a glossy black waterfall. She finished her spin. Her focus landed on me, and the air caught in my throat. My Wolf stirred.
Clare.
Her body went rigid; her sultry gaze hardened as she stared at me.

Clare Walker. I'd know those moonlit eyes anywhere.

~ * ~

Blurb:

Dealing with the Rogue werewolves terrorizing his Pack? Simple. Trying to convince his mate he does want to be with her? Bloody impossible.

Owen MacLaren is the Alpha's son and the Pack's second, and he has never been one to let anything get to him. So when a bunch of Rogues begin purposely dumping mutilated bodies around the Pack Keep, he is more than ready to deal with the Werewolves responsible. But one trip to a local strip joint for a colleague's stag night changes things, and Owen soon discovers he isn't immune to everything . . . .

After five years away, Clare Walker finds herself back home in Scotland, working in a strip club. The tips are decent, and she gets to dance, but it isn't a place she thought she would ever be, let alone Owen, her Pack second and the Werewolf who broke her heart.

Although Owen is determined to prove he wants to be with Clare, things can't go smoothly between them, not when they have past issues to sort out and a bunch of unusual 'Rogues' to deal with.

Re-releasing 2014!

Don't forget to check out the other authors who participate in Sundays Sexy Snippets . . . .

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Michaela. Glad you enjoyed the snippet. :-)

      Delete
  2. Great snippet, Elizabeth, and good luck with the re-release. I have to say, though, *dons admin head*, your snippet should be only seven sentences in total :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek. Sorry, it was very hard to pick where to start. This is one of my fave scenes, and well, I was naughty 'cos I wanted to give everyone the full picture.

      I promise to behave next week, and thank you. :-) x

      Delete
    2. Heheh, no probs :-)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous snippet, you left me wanting more. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by, J.P. :-)

      Delete