Monday 29 May 2017

Update on why I'm so silent

So it has been a long time since I have done an update post. I think the last one I did was after Blood Secrets (Blood Series: Book Two) was released?

At the time of Blood Secrets release back in April 2016 I had applied for a job, which I was offered and accepted; the first six months - my probationary period - was a little nerve wrecking as all probationary periods are, but needless to say, I passed with flying colours and went in to 2017 knowing I had job security.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I think you all know by now that I have always had a day job; those jobs I do full time and although I wish it were different, writing is a part-time/side "job" for me. I enjoy my new job; I'm a supervisor and I have very flexible shifts, but due to the nature of my job - working evenings in to the early hours of the morning - and being in charge of organizing events etc needless to say that my time for writing has been squished down to "when I get a chance to, I will."

This might not sound surprising to you as you all know by now I'm not one of these authors that is publishing a book every month - god I wish - and although I know I don't have to explain myself since I have a life outside writing, but also all authors work differently and can take anywhere between weeks and years to write, complete and publish a book; I like to keep you in the loop, and also I like to apologize for the delay and to thank you for your patience and ongoing support. I know some of you are eagerly awaiting the next Blood Series book and I hate to keep you waiting. It may not seem like it, but I want it finished just as much as you do; the good news is I have started it and I am hoping to finish and publish it this year, but it dawned on me the other day that it has already been a year since the last book, Blood Secrets, was released and I felt sad about it - and freaked out by how quick this last year has flown.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart for the delay with the next book, but please know, I am 2 chapters in already and I do keep posting teasers on the Blood Series Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheBloodSeries/

So the silence is due to not having much to really update you on at present; at least not in the book sense.

What else is happening/in store for 2017?

My website has been freshened up: www.e-morgan.com

I recently received the rights back for my contemporary erotic romance, short story, Truth or Dare? which I plan to slap a new cover on and re-release this summer.

I will be getting the rights back for my sweet contemporary romance novella, Stepping Stones, which I will be re-releasing before Christmas in paperback as well as an ebook.

If you live in the UK and would love to attend a free Author Signing Event I've organized - affectionately known as SASE - on Saturday 23rd September 2017 then check out the details here: www.booksigning.co.uk 

Lastly, I'm writing the next book in the Blood Series, Cross My Heart (Blood 1.5). At the very least I aim to finish it this year; at most I hope to publish it around Halloween, but if not then it will be early 2018. So send me creative energy and good vibes. :)

I shall aim to update y'all a little more often and with happier news.

Thank you once again for being awesome and supportive readers!

Elizabeth x

No comments:

Post a Comment