Tuesday 3 October 2017

Tuesday Teaser: Let Me In


Every Tuesday I will share a teaser from Work in Progress' only.
So it will be teasers from all unpublished manuscripts. Nothing from already published books.

This weeks teaser continued on from last weeks, which you can read here.

Taken from a WIP that I keep hacking away at every now and again. The characters are active in my mind I just seem to be up against a wall with it at the moment. It currently stands at just over 10K and the working titles is, Let Me In. 

Please remember it is still a rough draft so there will be mistakes and details are subject to change.

~ * ~

My mouth fell open. Amusement stretched across his face.
“I-er-” seemed to have lost the ability to form a coherent sentence all of a sudden. Embarrassment caused my skin to flush a shade darker. I was standing in front of possibly the sexiest man I had ever laid my eyes on, and I was acting like a bumbling idiot. The floor really needed to open up and swallow me within the next ten seconds.
“She would love too.”
My focus swung to Paige who appeared beside us. She placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze. “She likes white wine.”
“I do?” I looked back at the man. “I mean, yes, I-I do. And I would love too, er, have a drink, with you.” Nervous laughter bubbled in my throat as I gave him a polite smile. “Thank you.”
“It would be my pleasure.” He slipped his hand from my back and nodded. “I shall be right back.”
The stranger turned and I found myself angling my head to the side in order to admire his fine form. And boy what a form he had. Built in the upper area, solid shoulders, broad hips, well built thighs, and an ass that any sane woman would want to chew on.
I shook my head and looked at Paige. “What the hell just happened?” 
She slipped her arm round my waist. “You hit the jackpot, Sweetie. And I am so fucking jealous.”
“I can’t have a drink with him.”
Her brow furrowed. “Why?”
“I-I don’t know him. I don’t even know his name.”
“And that would be why you’re having a drink with him; you learn his name, get to know him a little and well, daddy likes what he sees, baby, and by the way he was looking at you I think he plans to take you home and do wicked things to you with those hands of his.”
Shivers ran down my spine at the idea of his hands all over my body. The small of my back still burned from the heat of his palm. “I-I can’t?”
“Are you seriously telling me that you wouldn’t want to wrap your legs around that” - she pointed to the stranger - “and let him take you for the ride of your life and every damn way you can think of? Are you seriously going to tell me that you aren’t interested in finding out what that yummy mouth of his can do?”
My core clenched at the ideas. Needless to say my body was as hungry for the answers to those questions as Paige was, but . . . . I had been with Shaun for six years; it had been a long time since I got naked in front of another guy, let alone slept with one.
“If you say you’re not interested then single women everywhere will like drop dead from universal shock. I mean, that is a man, Lia. The kind of man women fantasies about, but never meet. I am willing to bet he is a devil between the sheets, and sweetie, he asked you to have a drink with him.”
 “But why me?”
“You’re beautiful and the man is smoking hot. There need be no other reason.”
I twisted round so he was out of my line of view. “Paige, I’m so out of practice with this shit. I have no idea what to do or say....”
She cupped my cheek and stared me in the eyes. “Be yourself, but maybe a little more flirtatious. You’re single after all. Let him lead. All you have to do is follow. That is how simple this is.” She grabbed my bag from the table and handed it to me. “Go. Have a drink. Have fun. Have sex, and then call me tomorrow because I want to know every dirty little detail.”
I glanced over my shoulder.
“Forget about that dickhead, Shaun. Reclaim your independence, your inner goddess. Just go have fun.” She turned me round by the shoulders and gave me a gentle push. “You deserve some fun.” 

Copyright © 2017, Let Me In,  Elizabeth Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment