Tuesday 26 October 2010

Costumes

I wish I had a million pictures of all the mad things I have dressed up as to show you all but I don't. In fact I have no pictures at all of me dressed up for halloween, but what I do have is a picture of me when I was at college, dressed as a frog.


Okay, I wasn't really dressed as a frog, I had a frogs 'head' and make-up on though, as you can see --------->

One of the final things I did on my college course was a scene from a french opera called 'The child and the magical furniture' (at least I think that was what it was translated to). I was cast as the frog. We were told we would get awesome costumes, I was under the impression that I would have some sort of paper mashay head but no, I got fabric and wire (it kind of looks like a toilet seat). The lower piecse was pinned to my top, the top pieces was pinned to my head band, so it wouldnt fall off. And I don't even know why I had to have my face paint as a frogs face when I was wearing the head but... there you go.

I would never actually dress as a frog for halloween because it kind of defeats the point.

And this is as close as I will ever get to becoming a werewolf. I had to play a wolf in a theatre in education piece that was for primary school children. The kids couldn't decide if I was a bunny, a cat or a dog :| one even thought I could have been a fox. Needless to say the fact that I kept singing 'whose afraid of the big bad WOLF?' was not a good enough indication.

So they are the only 2 horrid pictures of me in some form of costume. A wolf is a bigger step towards a halloween kind of costume but... I would never dress up as either. I'm more a banshee or vampire or witch kind of person.

So what is the best and the worst costume you have ever wore on Halloween (or in general)?

2 comments:

  1. Costumes, costumes. Never been much out during Carnival, Halloween is not celebrated where I'm from. What I would dress up next time I got the chance would probably be something geeky like the Doppler effect. Yes, I am a lost cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well when I was a kid, my mum did parties for me and my friends but I never got to go trick or treating.

    If I was going to dress up this year I think I would probably go for a witch. Simply because I bought some cool boots and a long dress during this year lol use what you got!! :P

    ReplyDelete