Friday 31 December 2010

Bye, bye 2010

Oh my God, where has this year gone?


Firstly, the next - and last of the year - She-Wolf snip is up. I've had to remove Clare's steamy POV, because the page is getting very long. But I have left the Owen's snip that I put up on christmas day where it is. So you just need to scroll down a little for Clare's.

Secondly, am I going to talk about resolutions? Of course I am, it's New Years Eve. But firstly what has 2010 brought me?

A nephew. My BFF had her first child in July and he is so beautiful. Five months now. Scary how quickly times fly.

My older brother got married and... he and my new sister-in-law are also expecting a baby boy ^_^

I moved >_<

And - just because nearly everyone makes this a resolution at some point or other - I lost weight in the last two months. Yay!

And on that note lets talk resolutions....

The funny thing is my resolutions are usually things that have to depend on other factors... outside help.
I think I had three resolutions last year: Move house. Get a new job. Get one of my manuscripts published.

I moved in July. So yay, I did one of the things I wanted to do. I don't regret moving. I love my new house. I love the area. And the cats are very happy. So, it's all good.

No luck on the job front, but I have had interviews so surely that counts for something?

Get one of my manuscripts published... I was so close. Yet sadly as you all know the publisher had to shut down. And I guess it doesn't really count since the book would have probably come out in 2011. This one, naturally, stings the most. All any aspiring writer can do is, write their socks off. Query. And pray. And believe me, I do all three, obsessively.

So needless to say my  resolutions for 2011 are....

Get one - maybe two or three... to much? - of my manuscripts published.

And... Get a new job.

If I can achieve those two things this year then I will be very, very happy. Especially if I get an acceptance for at least one manuscript.

So what is in store for me in 2011...

Lord knows. I am going to be an aunt again. And I am going to be 23, but other than that I haven't got a clue. I guess you could say that is a little exciting since 'no one knows what around the next corner' but then again it is also scary for that very same reason.

So, what are your resolutions? Plans for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment