Wednesday 5 January 2011

Heroine & Hero Love: Alice & Achilles


Mila Jovovich as Alice in 'Resident Evil.'
 Throwing the loving together because I am going away tomorrow, but do not fear I shall put She-Wolf up before I go.


The music in the Resident Evil game always scared the heck out of me. I know that sounds crazy but it was very erie for a game. Creepy.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the third or the fourth film, but I really liked the film. But I can gladly admit it might be the sheer fact that I like zombie films. My fave is Shaun of the Dead - which is a dark comedy, and it always makes me laugh even though I've seen it a hundred times.

I liked Alice in the game, and I think Mila was perfect to play the part. There are a lot of female characters out there like Alice. Shes trained in combat so naturally she will be able to kick severe zombie butt. But I am a sucker for a woman who knows how to fight to the point that makes you go, "you go girl!"

Shes womanly, feisty and head strong, and... she is not drop dead gorgeous like some of these kick-ass heroines end up being. But I just think she is awesome!


Brad Pitt as Achilles in 'Troy.'
 I'm not a Brad Pitt fan... unless he's cast in a serious film... then I love him. Interview with a vampire. Autumn Falls, and the amazing, Benjamin Button are the other three films that make me love him. Serious parts. Great films.

And Troy is another.

Pretty much all of us now the story of troy... the trojan horse... Achilles and his weak ankle. I'm a huge fan of mythology, so any historical films that come out I usually want to watch.

I don't know exactly what it is about Brad Pitt's redition of this historical character but I just thought he was brilliant. Naturally Achilles is uber strong, amazingly skilled and pretty darn hard to kill - unless you get him on that one spot of his ankle. That was the only thing that bugges me about his story. His mother dips him in the blessed water, submerging him completely but she had to hold him by the ankle. Why didn't she dips his ankle in after she finished? But naturally one could say it is a symbol for weakness in all of us.

Any way.... Achilles.... very macho, graceful fighter, smart, passionate. All in all he is yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Resident Evil movies!! I think Alice kicks butt. I did see the the 3rd movie but something (I can't tell you) made me not happy :( But overall the movie was good. I do want to rent the 4th one.

    I liked Troy, but unfortunately I saw it right after I saw King Arthur and I loved that movie soooo much that I thought Troy was not as good (my friends tell me I'm crazy).

    ReplyDelete