Wednesday 23 February 2011

Heroine Love: Alice


Lisa Wilcox as Alice in
'Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master'
 I have always loved the Nightmare on Elm Street series. I have every single Freddy film, including the new one.

I hadn't watched any of them for about two years. So two weeks ago, I decided I would start watching one a night over. Now I personally like the 1st, 3rd and 4th film, as well as Freddy Vs Jason, but as I was watching film 4 and 5 I realized something. Out of every single character across the entire series, Alice, heroine of 'The Dream Master' & 'The Dream Child' is actually the bravest and strongest.



She starts off as a shy, silent, slightly odd girl. No one really pays much attention to her, but when her best friend is killed by Freddy, she recieves her friends power of pulling people into dreams. Every time one of her friends dies she recieves their essence and characteristics - which doesn't happen in film 5 - and by the end of the film she is a confident, tough, ass kicking woman... Who totally defeats Freddy! And, she kills him again in film 5. She rocks!

She is also the only character to play across two films, and not get killed. Although after film 5 we have to presume that she is fine, since film 6 is a completely new story.

Now because when we think Nightmare on Elm Street we automatically think of film one and naturally, Freedy, I just needed to give Alice some heroine love because she's kind of been lost in the shadows, despite the fact she is the awesome heroine of two of the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment