Friday 1 July 2011

What a week!

So I get my edits back, and my software decides to play up, making it completely impossible for me to do anything. Luckily my publisher is a frickin' genius and points me in the direction of a really good downloadable software and saves the day.

Then my cats are playing and wrench the phonesocket from the wall - luckily this isn't the first time the crazy fools have done this - It was easy to fix, thank god.

So I had a few stressful days there where I was literally banging my head against the wall.


I'm still in the middle of editing, so due to all this I haven't had time to whip anything up since there is no more snippet friday : ( But then I thought well I could give you a mini snip of Chris and Delaney's novella. So, below is a snip of the "first chapter" the novella is only in its early stages so flip knows if I what will change, but for now this is what's going down...

~~~~

My eyebrows arched in unison, eyes growing wide. The mere mention f his name sent a pulse of electricity around my body, and caused me to shiver. The fact that I had such a reaction to his name caused me to clench my fists. "You‘ve come here to ask me about Chris?"

"You were friends weren't you?"

The laugh that passed my lips was sharper than a razor. "I would hardly call us friends."

He arched his left eyebrow. "Would lovers be a better way to describe your relationship?"

Not better, just accurate.

I shifted forward in my seat, and placed my arms on the desk. "Marcus, why do I get the feeling you already know the answers to everything you are going to ask me?

He simply looked at me, the usual vacant expression sitting on his face.

"I'm honored you would do your homework."

"I make it my business to know everything about a person who decides to take the law into their own hands."

I nodded. "Wise." Which was why I had done the exact same thing the moment Mr green had found out who I was and what I could do. Taking a deep breath, I simply said, "I last saw Chris two years ago, and I haven’t spoken to him since."

"Did you part on good terms?"

"Fairly."

"Would you care to explain what fairly means?"

"I didn't break his neck." Oh how I had wanted to, so badly.

Folding his hands on his lap, he leaned back in his seat. "Do you think he is capable of murder?"

I was starting to dislike the direction that this conversation was heading. "Anyone is capable of that."

"Including you?"

"Especially me."

~~

Creative Commons Licence
Charge by Elizabeth Morgan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment