Thursday 25 August 2011

Repost - Fighting back against a silent epidemic

Hey gang. Firstly, I want to point out that - as the title says - this is a repost, of a post from J.S. Wayne's blog.

It is a matter that people need to be aware of, and I am reposting this here for anyone who might be interested in contributing to this important cause.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It always turns my stomach to hear about children getting hurt, exploited, or even killed. It’s even worse when the perpetrators are the same adults who those children rely on to keep them safe and secure from harm.



And goddamnit, I’m sick to death of hearing these horror stories, shaking my head and wishing someone would DO something.

So I’m putting out a challenge to all my fellow authors:

I’m trying to put together a dark erotica anthology, with 50% or more of all proceeds to go to a reputable worldwide charity or two whose ONLY mission is eradicating child abuse in all its forms. For more information on this, feel free to contact me at jswayne702@yahoo.com; please DO NOT ask for information in the comments.

I would also like to put together a collection of stories from authors who have personal experience with child abuse and are willing to speak candidly about what they’ve been through.

If this interests you and you’d like to get involved, please, PLEASE repost this on your own blog* or link to it. Tweet it, Facebook it, write it and get the word out to everyone you know. We can do something amazing…and even if it only helps ONE child, isn’t it worth it?

You can also go here for more information.


Until next time,
Best,
J.S. Wayne

*If you repost this, I ask that you do so in its entirety and give due credit. So long as these conditions are met, I hereby grant non-exclusive license to ANY interested party to repost or use this blog in any social medium or forum.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I agree with J.S. a hundred percent. We could do something amazing, and raise money for children who can't speak out about what is happening to them. I have asked to contribute a story to the dark anthology, and I will keep you updated.

For more information you can go to the following sites -




Twitter - @Writingoutabuse

No comments:

Post a Comment