Sunday 11 September 2011

Playing 20 questions with Chris Lange

Today I am joined by the awesome Chris Lange, who has so kindly played a groovy game of 20 questions with me!


EM: Welcome to My World, Chris! Thank you so much for stopping by to play twenty questions with me : )



Before we begin, could you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi Elizabeth, my name is Chris Lange, I'm a top-ranked, best-selling author in my community. 10 people live there, and they've all bought my novel AN ERA APART. As you can imagine, I'm deeply flattered to be so famous around the cornfields. Even my neighbour's cows have started mooing at me now. It's an exhilarating feeling!


EM: Are you ready to play 20 questions? *rubs hands together*

CL: Ready, steady, go!


Which do you find harder to write?


1. First person POV or Third?

Why would I say "I" when I'm not talking about "I". Or maybe I am? You're confusing "I" now, Elizabeth! Okay, I like "She", I write about "She".


2. As a male or female?

Female only. Men are intriguing, captivating, mysterious creatures, I've no idea what goes on in their heads.


3. Beginning, middle or end of the story?

I'm full of energy and buoyant when I begin writing a story, worried and a bit lost towards the middle, sad and relieved when it's over. Just like a relationship. No Elizabeth, I did NOT say just like sex!

EM: *shocked* I wasn't even thinking... Oh hell, that's such a lie. But-but you said it, which means you were thinking it to! *points at*

4. Fight scenes or smex scenes?

I fight with words. I tend to leave spoken words out for a smex scene.


5. Synopsis or blurb?

Both. They're just a punishment inflicted by editors to torture their authors.

EM: Amen!

As a writer, do you prefer:


6. Writing in the morning, afternoon or evening?

Anytime, as long as there's coffee around.


7. Writing with music, or in peace?

No, rock music isn't dead. Rock will live forever.


8. Planning, or Improvising?


Dreamers can't plan, it's a fact of life. Please, don't blame them, it's not their fault.


9. Juggling a few projects, or concentrating on one at a time?

Definitely juggling. I can write, listen to music, have a coffee, and pull my hair out, all at the same time.


10. Sticking to one genre, or exploring many?


I'm in love with sensual romance.


As a reader, do you prefer:


11. Story being told from female view or male?

I need a strong male character. Women writers tend to develop the sensitive side of their heroes, as men writers just get on with it, but I enjoy both.


12. Good guys or bad boys?

The good guy playing bad boy. So sexy!


13. Feisty females or fragile damsels?

Something like Cinderella meets Ripley.

EM: *is now thinking about a woman in glass heals with a gun. Or a woman fighting an alien in a ballgown*

14. Stand alone stories or series?

The longer the better.

EM: Hahaha....


15. Quick reads or long stories?

The longer the better. No, I'm not being naughty!

EM: Aha- Spoil sport ; )


16. Romance as a side dish or the main course?


On break-up days, I pick up a romance. On sunny days… Oh God, I don't have time to read on happy days!


17. Erotica or soft romance or something in-between?

Soft romance. I just love it when the heroine shyly stares at her sexy hunk of a guy for 200 pages. What is it, Elizabeth? What? I'm not allowed to lie outrageously?

EM: No. I want the naughty truth, damn it! But, in saying that I LOVE Jane Eyre, and that is 200 pages of hidden glances and secret touches. Hell, I love all types of romance!


18. More action or humor?

If I get action and the giggles, I'm a happy woman.


Just for fun:


19. Vampires or Angels?


Both. My dream vampire is an Angel. Hhhaaaaaaa……… Angel !!!

EM: SPIKE FOREVER!

20. Werewolves or Demons?

Is the demon hairy?

EM: Maybe?


What are you currently working on?

A sensual mystery novella. One summer night, a woman is abducted by her ex lover. When she comes to, she's in a basement, locked up in chains.

EM: Oooo kinky, and... weird? Maybe?

Do you have any current release?


My romantic suspense novel AN ERA APART is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Shelfari, Noble Romance Publishing.

Blurb: A modern, Californian, laid back woman finds herself in 19th century San Francisco. Looking for her missing father, she meets a strict, uptight Englishman. They have nothing in common, but a mutual attraction. For these two, passion and sex become a main issue.

Purchase link: https://www.nobleromance.com/Books/306/An-Era-Apart - for 1,99$

http://www.amazon.com/An-Era-Apart-ebook/dp/B005BSSIK0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1315635708&sr=1-1

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-era-apart-chris-lange/1104240030


Where can readers find you on the internet?

http://chrislangeauthor.wordpress.com/

http://www.facebook.com/chrislangeauthor

Twitter: @chrislange3


EM: Thank you so much for joining me! It's been fun! : )

CL: You're welcome, Elizabeth. I loved your 20 questions, I can't wait for your next game.

9 comments:

  1. GREAT 20 questions. I dig your sense of humor, Chris.

    And a Ripley reference. You are sooo coool!

    (Alien is top five fav films of all time)

    An Era Part is now on my computer. Just bought it and it shot up on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped in to say Hi. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now why am I not surprised to see an Alien reference in your interview? Oh, yeah...cause you keep stalking ME!
    (Not that I'm complaining, mind you...)
    Seriously, great interview to BOTH of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys (and girl), thanks for appreciating my sense of humor, it's usually very underestimated :-)
    Then again, the questions are great, Elizabeth did a splendid job.
    I think Ripley is one of the best heroine ever, although I'll always have a soft spot for Sarah Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stalking? STALKING? *says she, grabbing her Ripley pencil sharpener and hurling it across the room !!!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a Ripley pencil sharpener? O_o

    I was actually watching Aliens 2 the other night - totally forgot about that. That's my fave out of all 4.

    No, it has nothing to do with the fact that Hick's is completely hot! *shifty eyes*

    Thanks for stopping by folks! Chris is a bundle of awesome sauce, ain't she?

    *hurls stake at Chris' vampire and runs away*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing 20 Questions and these may be the BEST comments I've ever read after one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great 20 questions! Like tether-ball in the nude, it had a captivating back and forth and kept me giggling and not wanting to look away.

    :) ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks girls, giggling and great comments are good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete