Saturday 26 November 2011

Hermit-ness

Hey there gang, how y'all doin'?

I've been a little quite recently, I know. Bad me. But after the rush of Spook-a-licious, I decided to slow down a little. Or rather, I decided to go with the flow that was currently slowing, if that makes sense?

So I am being a little bit of a hermit at the moment.

I finished my Christmas shopping. Woo, can I get a high five?? *High Fives* This is the earliest I have ever gotten my Christmas shopping done, and I have to say I am very proud of myself. The Christmas tree is going up this Thursday, yup, December 1st. I get that people do the whole 12 days before Christmas, and then naturally there are a lot of people who put their tree up in November. But, December is Christmas to me, therefor it is the month of the Christmas Tree. So it has to go up.

Also during my current Hermit-ness... Well, it always amazes me when I am talking with a fellow author and they state that they currently have like a million WIP's. I'm terrible at juggling projects, mostly because I fear that if I start splitting my attention then I may never finish any. I sat at my computer a couple of days ago, doing a little tidy up since we're drawing towards the end of 2011, and I went through my slush file and found all the stories that I had started, or toyed with to some degree during the last year.... 10. I actually have 10 WIP's. O_o How the heck did that happen?

So I worked up my writing schedule - yes, I have a writing schedule. It actually works rather well for me, but due to a hectic year of family and personal stuff, I've been a little lapsed. Very naughty. - in order to get all these 10 WIP's written. Because after reading what I had on each, I remembered why I started them in the first place... I love 'em, and I have planned them all, so it's just the case of figuring out a few things on each and writing them.

So after I had finished planning - giving myself room for bad days - I noticed the plan took me all the way to March 2013. Yes, I am extremely sad, and fairly organized to the point that I have got roughly a year and a half worth of writing planned. Naturally it might stretch further since I have to make room for real life, and edits, and so on so forth, but I'm feeling rather positive about it.

Yay for positivity! ^_^ Now for some sections....

News

My editor has informed me that she is making good progress on her edits for Cranberry Blood (Blood Book 1) and that I will have them soon. The book is currently looking to be released early 2012, but I shall of course keep you updated on any news.

I'm editing and then polishing my sweet contemporary romance, Stepping Stones, so it is nice and ready to send to my lovely editor once the edits on CB are done, and it is ready for release.

Otherwise I'm working on two new projects Charged & Bait. Both stories are set in the same world - If you click on Sparks, you can read a little about this world and it's characters - I am hoping to have both finished by early January.


Thanksgiving

We don't celebrate this particular holiday - and I know I am a little late - but I just wanted to take the opportunity to state all the things that I am thankful for.

I will always be thankful for...

My family, and my friends: They are a great bunch of people and I wouldn't change any of them.

My cats: They make me laugh, and they are extremely loving and beautiful creatures.

My life: It hasn't been easy, but then life isn't supposed to be easy. I am thankful for the experiences I've had - good and bad - because each has been a lesson that has brought me to this point.


This year I am thankful for...

My new home: I am extremely happy here, and I love how cosy the cottage is.

My Publishers: Noble Romance Publishing & Cobblestone Press. Thank you both for liking my stories enough to publish them : )

My fellow authors: You're a great bunch of people, and it is an honour to be published along side such talent.

My readers: Thank you so much to everyone who has purchased any of my books. I hope you enjoyed them, and will continue to enjoy everything else I write (should you buy them.)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of tasty food. : )


Next Wednesday I will be joined by Indigo Skye, who will be playing a groovy little game of 20 questions with me. Other than that keep a look out for news, and possible sneaky snips of my two current WIP's.

No comments:

Post a Comment