Saturday 31 December 2011

So long 2011!

I can't believe it's the end of the year already!!! 2011 has gone by so quickly. I can remember taking the Christmas tree down at the beginning of this year, and tomorrow it will be coming down again! It's freaky how fast time is flying!

This year has been a strange year, and although lots of wonderful things have happened, I'm glad it is coming to an end. My mother has been very unwell this year, and for the last 8 months she has been in and out of hospital. Now, unfortunately I am not the type of person who can use writing as a distraction. Her health has been at the front of my mind for pretty much most of this year, and due to this my muse hasn't been working properly. I have been writing bits and pieces, and been unable to concentrate and complete any of my projects. It has been very frustrating, particularly because I wanted nothing more than to write and not have to concentrate on reality.

I'm pleased to say that she is now better, and has been great for the last month. We have had a fab Christmas, and will be having a nice relaxing New Year.

The best part of this year has been the fact that I have had three books published. I have met some amazing authors this year, and had a lot of fun hanging with them all. I have received great feedback for them all, and I'm extremely thankful to all of you who have purchased them, and enjoyed them. I aim to bring you another 3 books next year for you to enjoy.

I also became Godmother to my BFF's lovely little boy in April - God help him. Haha. And I also became an aunt, again! My older brother, and his wife had a beautiful baby boy mid 2011. He has the cheekiest little face, and was dressed up as an elf this Christmas. He certainly rocked his red & white tights! :-P

So 2011 has been a mix of amazing, and not so good. I'm hoping that next year will see things back on track once more, and the good will outweigh the not so good. Mostly, I hope my mother has a better year.


Resolutions for 2012!

I hope - and aim - to have at least another 3 books published!

And I aim to continue with my health kick. Stereotypical, I know. I was doing really well with it this year, but I've been naughty this last couple of weeks. What? It's Christmas.

I think I'd be able to do both of those :-D

So what is in store for me in 2012...

Cranberry Blood should be released early 2012, more news as I get it. I have submitted my contemporary romance, Stepping Stones. Also, a year ago I co-wrote a YA book with a friend of mine, which I submitted the first 3 chapters of a week ago. So, my fingers are glued crossed until I hear back about both those stories.

I aim to complete my two WIP's, and write the next instalment in The Blood Series, and The Overseers Series.

Other than that, I have no idea. As the saying goes, "you don't know what's round the corner." And as always I look forward to finding out. :-)


So, what are your resolutions? Plans for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment