Wednesday 4 April 2012

Playing 20 Questions with Gabrielle Bisset!

Today I am joined by the lovely, Gabrielle Bisset . . . 


EM: Welcome to My World, Gabrielle. Thank you so much for stopping by to play twenty questions with me :-)

Before we begin, could you tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Gabrielle Bisset and I'm an erotic romance author, in addition to being a college history teacher and home schooling mom.

EM: Are you ready to play 20 questions? *rubs hands together* Mwahaha!


Which do you find harder to write?

1. First person POV or Third?

I've never been able to get more than a chapter of First Person, so definite First.

2. As a male or female?


I find females harder to write. I guess that's odd since I am one.


EM: Nope, I sometimes find my female characters a little harder to write than my males. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but you're not alone on this one.

3. Beginning, middle or end of the story?

The end of the story is always hardest.  There always seems to be more.

4. Fight scenes or smex scenes?

Fight scenes. The sex is much more enjoyable.

5. Synopsis or blurb?

Synopsis.  I've actually gotten quite good with blurbs.


As a writer, do you prefer:

6. Writing in the morning, afternoon or evening?

I have to write in the evening because of my day job and home schooling my son, but I prefer night anyway. I'm a night owl by nature.

7. Writing with music, or in peace?

I must have music.  Silence stops me dead in my tracks.

8. Planning, or Improvising?

I'm a committed plotter, so the planning is a must.

9. Juggling a few projects, or concentrating on one at a time?

I prefer concentrating on one at a time right now, but I've been known to have a couple stories going at the same time.

10. Sticking to one genre, or exploring many?

I like exploring wherever my muse takes me. Right now, it's in the paranormal romance genre, but I may find something sparks my interest in something else too.


As a reader, do you prefer:

11. Story being told from female view or male?

It really depends on what the story is.  I like both.

12. Good guys or bad boys?

Always bad boys.  Love them mad, bad, and dangerous to know!

13. Feisty females or fragile damsels?

How about something in between?  Feisty gets a bit old quickly, but I'm not a fragile damsel fan either.

14. Stand alone stories or series?

I like both, but if I love a story, it's always great to find out there is a series to follow.

15. Quick reads or long stories?

I'm not a fan of the large tomes.  I like novellas and novels, but definitely under 100K words.

16. Romance as a side dish or the main course?

I'm a fan of romance as the main course, usually.

17. Erotica or soft romance or something in-between?

I like erotic romance best.  It has the yumminess of erotica with the softness of romance.


EM: Totally agree. Yummy and gushy, you gotta love it.

18. More action or humor?

It depends, but humor is probably better.


Just for fun:

19. Vampires or Angels?

Vampires definitely!

20. Werewolves or Demons?

Demons. I'm just now becoming a fan of the demon idea, and recently started brainstorming an idea for a demon romance.

What are you currently working on? 

Right now, I'm working on a book called Blood Betrayed.  It's the second book in my Sons of Navarus series, and it's due out in May.  The main character, a vampire named Saint, is a man haunted by his past, so he's got some demons to deal with, especially concerning the heroine of the story, Solenne.  On top of that, he and the other Sons are dealing with the uprising of the Archons, the law and order vampires of their world, so it's been great fun to write.

Do you have any current release?

My current release is the first book in the Sons of Navarus series, Blood Avenged.

Blurb:

I am everything you desire.  I am vampire.
Powerful and manipulative, Vasilije does as he pleases. A vampire beholden to no one, he takes what he desires, drinking deeply the pleasures this life has to offer.

When one of his own is staked, Vasilije must travel to New Orleans to exact his revenge. There he meets Sasa, a beautiful woman who arouses him like no other has for centuries. Vasilije’s need for vengeance is equaled only by his passion for her, but what he finds in his revenge is just the beginning...


Any upcoming releases?

Blood Betrayed will be released in May 2012.

Blurb:

I am everything forbidden.  I am vampire.

Haunted by betrayal, Saint hides in the human world, giving his heart to no one and finding the only solace from his past in the arms of human women. Now as the Archons begin their takeover of the vampire world, this Son of Navarus has been marked for death. 

Summoned to defeat the Archons by the world that shunned him, Saint must face his past and Solenne, the woman he loved and lost a century ago, for only in accepting her will his body and soul finally find salvation.

Purchase link:  Not released yet, but readers can find out more about Blood Betrayed at http://gbisset.blogspot.com/p/sons-of-navarus-series.html

EM: These boys are definitely going on my "too buy list." They sound yummy!

Where can readers find you on the internet?


EM: Thank you so much for joining me, Gabrielle!

GB: Thanks for the fun questions!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me by, Elizabeth! Loved the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally welcome, Gabrielle. I'm glad you had fun, and by all means stop by again. It was lovely playing 20 Q with you :-)

    ReplyDelete