Thursday 31 May 2012

Update of the exciting kind!

So I have had a super awesome day. Not only did I wake up to find two contract offers in my in-box this morning, but I also got the release date for Cranberry Blood (Book 1 in The Blood Series.) Yes, you read right I have a release date for the She-Wolf Sequel.

*Drum Roll*

The release date for Cranberry Blood is July 2nd 2012. Yes, it's literally a month and two days away. *Inserts excited/nervous screaming* I'm so so so excited. You may have heard this a million times, but this book is my baby. I wrote the first version of Cranberry Blood in 2009 and after all the awesome feedback from my Beta readers and family I shredded and then created the soon to be published version.

Technically it was my first novel. I know that seems crazy since I've had three manuscripts published before it - not to mention She-Wolf, which is the prequel - but it is actually my first novel and I am super excited that it's getting published in a month! Eek!

My editor has informed me I will have edits by the end of the week. *Bites nails and rocks* Honestly I can't wait for them and I am super excited to see what the amazing Fiona Jayde creates as the cover. Oh my god I'm excited! 

So on that note, here's the blurb for Cranberry Blood:

 Killing Vampires? Easy. Tracking someone? Simple. Helping, and protecting a Vampire slayer... Bloody hard work!

Thirteen years ago, Brendan Daniels made a deal with a psychic. In exchange for information on the whereabouts of a Rogue Werewolf, he promised to help and protect Sofia's granddaughter. Unfortunately, he had no idea what he was getting himself, or his Pack, into.

Nothing about Heather is simple, from her weird dietary needs to her life’s mission. The girl can handle herself, but the promise to protect her soon becomes a need, and one that he can't fully understand.


Vampire Slayer. Born Infected. Blood addict... but not by choice.

Heather Ryan is the most recent slayer in a long family line. Like all before her, she has spent her life searching for her ancestor, Marko Pavel, the Vampire her family has sworn to kill. If that isn't complicated enough, Heather is also a born "Infected", and to keep her from becoming insane or giving in to her darker side, she is on a very strict diet.

Grandmother Sofia has passed, so now it is up to Heather to take the family legacy into her own hands, all alone: or at least, it would have been, if her Grandmother hadn't sent a Werewolf to help her.

What is the irritating Brendan supposed to help Heather with? Sofia never told either one of them. But it doesn't take long for Heather and Brendan to find out that the Vampires have big plans, and that the fiends have waited a long time for them both.


~ * ~

Contracts! I love the days I open my inbox and there is a contract waiting for me. It's so exciting and makes me do a little happy dance.

The first contract is for my sweet contemporary romance, Stepping Stones. This short novel (30k+) is the first story I have wrote that is of a sweet nature. It is very light compared to my other stories - heck it's practically virginal compared to She-Wolf - but it's a nice story set around Christmas and is very family orientated. I actually dreamt this story and when I awoke I knew I had to write it. Took me a while to get to it, but I finally finished late last year and I'm happy to say that Noble Romance Publishing have contracted it.

So, more news on this baby when I have it, but for now I will leave you with the rough blurb.

Stepping Stones


There's nothing like a wedding to bring the family together....

And if it wasn't her baby sister’s wedding, Margaret West wouldn't be returning home at all.
Why else would she go back after six years knowing full well that she has people to face, and explanations to give?

If her parents interrogation isn't bad enough the fact that she has to be civil to her foster brother, Adrian, is. Best friends since childhood, they haven't spoken since he went to America... The day before Margaret was supposed to be getting married.

And to make matters worse her ex-fiance, William, is the Reverend who will be conducting her sister’s wedding ceremony!

All want an answer from her and they aren't taking no as one of them. Why did she run in the first place? Why has she been so angry with, Adrian? Why didn't she marry, William?

Margaret isn't even sure she knows the real reasons any more . . . .

~ * ~

Contract number two is for a co-authored Young Adult Futuristic Romance titled, Watermaker: Book 1 in the Black Water Trilogy. It has been contracted with Noble Young Adult and it is my first YA novel and my co-author (Scott's) first novel. So we're very excited.

We're currently working on a blurb so I don't have one I can post yet, but if you were to think post-apocalyptic poisoned earth, meets Logan’s run of the teenage kind in outer space. Throw in some rebel space pirates trying to stop a deceitful society while trying to find the solution to earth’s black water problem; take away extensive human emotion and throw in some mind control . . . Well, that is basically the world of Black Water.

So there we go; lots of great news for the end of May. I will totally keep you updated as and when I have news! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment