Friday 12 July 2013

My World Guest Author: Tina Gayle



EM: Welcome to My World, Tina. It is lovely to have you here today :- )

1. How long have you been writing for?
I started my first book in 2001 so let’s go with 12 years

2. Did you always know that you wanted to be a writer?
No, I went to school to be a programmer.

3. What is your favourite genre to read? To write? And why?
Favourite genre to both read and write is romance. I love a happy ending.

4. Who is your favourite author? Fave book? And why?
There are some many wonderful authors. I like different ones for different reasons, compelling plot, great love story, wonderful series, funny.

5. How do you get your ideas?
From everywhere, books, tv, other people, newspaper, news stories, etc.

6. In your opinion what is the hardest part of the writing process?
Rewriting,

7. In your opinion what is the best part of the writing process?
The creative flow of a new story.

8. Are you a planner or a panster?
Both, I usually know where I want the story to go but I like to let it develop as I write it.

9. Do you prefer to concentrate on one story, or juggle a few?
Usually, I stick to one story, but I’m trying to venture into working on two at a time. One as a new write, one in rewrite.

10. Tell us about one of the most favourable scene you have written.
The scene in “Summer’s Growth” where Amber is walking into the Winston Manor for the first time. I love the history of the place with the spirits watching and the dark mystery of the place.

11. Out of all the characters you have created, who is your favourite and why?
Mattie Winston from “Summer’s Growth” Because she is a woman who spent a life devoted to her family and is just beginning to learn what having a real life has to offer.

12. If you could meet any fictional character, who would you meet and why?
Again so many, Huck Finn. I have two boys.  The southern view of life is interesting and I believe he will be an incredible man to know.

13. Are you working on anything at the moment?
Second book of the Family Tree series – Fallen Leaves

14. Any upcoming releases?
My latest released is “CFO’s Affair,” the third book in the Executive Wives’ Club series.

Blurb:

Sylvia Donovan is emotionally wounded from the unexpected death of her husband and still haunted by their last conversation: his request for a divorce and his confession of love for another woman.  Her husband gone, her only daughter off to college, Sylvia faces the challenges of learning to live alone and move on with her life.
Vince Wilshire, enchanted with Sylvia, is more than willing to do what it takes to capture the heart of the hurting and untrusting Sylvia.
Can he help her forget the past and make her believe in love again?
Purchase link: http://bit.ly/CFOaffair


15. Where can readers find you on the internet?
Home - www.tinagayle.net
Blog - www.tinagayle.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/AuthorTinaGayle
Goodread - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1641826.Tina_Gayle
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tina.gayle
Google + - https://plus.google.com
Linkin - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tina-gayle/11/689/759


16. Any advice you would like to give aspiring writers? 
Enjoy the journey and gather friends along the way.

EM: Thank you so much for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment