Wednesday 8 December 2010

Heroine Love: Captain Adams



Geena Davies as Captain Morgan Adams in
'Cutthroat Island'
  I can honestly say the whole reason for todays post is because I finished 'The Iron Duke' by Meljean Brook at 3am this morning.

And I just have to say it is AMAZING! One of the best things I have read this year. If you haven't read it yet... you must. You just have to. It's awesome on so many levels.

Any way back to todays post....


Cutthroat Island. It was my favourite Pirate movie... before Pirates of the Caribbean... but I still love it. I think the main reason for that was because the Captain of the ship 'The Morning Star' was a woman... This woman. Captain Morgan Adams. She was just awesome, with her womanly pirate ways. Dressing up in fancy costumes.... seducing men bad and good.... Getting her hands dirty, fighting... Swinging off ships and cliffs... diving for treasure... She's awesome! And she had a monkey instead of a parrot. A monkey!

I haven't actually seen this film in a long, long time. So my memory is very fuzzy about the details, but it is a brilliant film. Got action. It's funny. And of course there is romance. And I just thing that Geena Davies plays an awesome pirate. And that Morgan Adams is just a brilliant heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment