Thursday 13 January 2011

Hero Love: Prince Edward




Richard Chamberlin as Prince Edward in 'The Slipper and the Rose.'
  It was my grandmother who introduced me to the film 'The Slipper and the Rose.'

It is a beautiful, amazing - musical - version of Cinderella. I love everything about this film. The costumes. The music. The songs. And the awesome way the film finishes.



I was about 8 when I first saw this film and I fell madly in love with Prince Edward. I can't say that there is anything over special about the character. He wants to marry for love. Not because he has to, which is a fair reason. The appeal of the character is pretty much how he is with Cinderella. As a child I had the biggest crush on him.

I have had cravings (yes cravings) to watch this film for the last month. My cousin is round this evening and she picked it up and asked to watch it. So I am now sat here giggling and goofy like a child, singing and clapping along with all the songs. In five minutes Cinderella will be going to the ball.... My god. The moment they see each other... the way they dance.... It is moments like that which help feed my romantic flame. I almost swoon when I watch it. The music. The colour.... damn. It's a good scene.

If you like musicals. If you like fairytales. Romance. You must, must watch this film. It's wonderful.

Gemma Craven and Richard Chamberlin in 'The Slipper and the Rose.'

No comments:

Post a Comment