Friday 20 May 2011

A superheros playlist...

Stepping Stones is finished!!! Or at least the first draft is. (The next snip is up.) It is complete at 37k, which is awesome since the goal was 30k. Just got to do the edits, polish it and then I can send it on it's way.

I actually had a playlist for this project. I know a lot of writers do use music to help inspire them when writing particular scenes, or when they are trying to get the feel for the character. I like to use music, to have a little soundtrack for the characters. Having a playlist always helps me when I feel stuck, which does happen to me, more than I like.


Stepping Stones Playlist:
(In no particular order.)

Blue - Breathe Easy
Keane - Try again
Eurythmics - Must be talking to an angel
Keane - She has no time
Blue - Walk Away
Keane - We might as well be strangers
Duffy - Stepping Stones
Keane - Put it behind you
Nickleback - Far Away
Keane - Your eyes open
Third Day - I've always loved you
Stevie Wonder - As
(I originally had one for Razel, but when I moved and converted everything to my new computer, I lost it and can't for the life of me remember what songs help me write it.)

Is there a point to me rambling on about playlists? Yes. I am in the middle of planning a new project, and one I have been dying to start for the last week.

As the title of this post suggests, I need to figure out a playlist worthy of a superhero, and I need your help to do it! So, my question to you is...

If you were a superhero, doing your super thing, what tunes would you be kicking-ass to? Even better, what would your theme song be, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment