Thursday 31 December 2015

Heading in to 2016



2015 has been a year of much contemplation for me. I went in thinking things would be the same as 2014 and I was very wrong.
At the beginning of the year I had to make my mind up about a lot of things; both personal and professional. I went with what I felt was right, hoping everything would go smoothly and although I am still happy with the decisions I have made, these last seven months have not been smooth and not always easy. But hey, that's life.

What has cut me the most this year is that one of the reasons I made changes to my life was due to wanting to put more time into writing; i.e. I really wanted to have Blood Book 2 finished and published. Most of the book is done. I have a few chapters left to write, but pressure and worry from various sources have caused strain on my energy and therefore my concentration and unfortunately the book is still not done. I feel bad about that, even though I am the author and creations sometimes take longer than the maker would expect, and it was me who was setting the deadline.

I know I have said it many times, but I am sorry to all of you who are waiting for Book 2. The other reason it is taking so long - apart from what is mentioned above - is that the book itself doesn’t seem to want to end yet. As you may have guessed Heather and Brendan are the leads in this book - as it is a continuation from Cranberry Blood (Blood Series: Book One) - but there is also another 2 character POV; one character you know, the other is new. So there is more going on in this book. As my editor would say, it is meatier, which is hopefully something you will find to be good and enjoyable.
Blood Book 2 will be out in 2016.

In regards to other works I am planning on re-releasing one of my short stories, and after Blood 2 I will start writing Blood 1.5. That is all I am planning because I just don't know what 2016 has in store for me. So one release, one re-release, and the start of a new project.   

For those of you who may be interested as well as a personal page, I now have an Author Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/AuthorElizabethMorgan/

Other than that I will be heading into 2016 tweaking - for want of a better word - the ideas and plans I originally had and I will be holding the hope that things will go a little more to plan this time.

Thank you all for continuing to read and enjoy my work. It means the world to me. Thank you for your support and your patience. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I hope you all have a fabulous night tonight and I wish you all a very Happy New Year! My 2016 be full of wonderful gifts and opportunities for you all.


Love Elizabeth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment